Friday, July 19, 2013

Charity + Cardio = Warm Fuzzy Feelings, Every Time

For me, there is no better feeling than running for a great cause with great friends. Recently, my fantastic co-workers, my cousin, and I ran the ALS Run for Life 5K. (Actually, my cousin Kassy did the 10K. She's a beast and I love her.)


Brave men and women battling the debilitating disease lined various parts of the course and cheered us on. We were running for those that couldn't run for themselves. And even though I ran one of my slowest races (let's just say my final time was somewhere around 30 minutes) I felt great.

Full disclosure: I only run races if the entry fee goes to a charity. I don't understand any other reason why someone would pay for what is otherwise a free sport.

Running for charity is one of my most favorite ways to stay fit. This is why I am super excited that my brother introduced me to Charity Miles. Now, I can run, walk, or bike for my preferred charity any time I'd like. And, bonus- there's no entry fee!

The charity I'm currently running for is Every Mother Counts. I'd love to know if anyone else is using the app. What's your favorite cause?


No comments:

Post a Comment